"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Monday, November 9, 2009

What Kind of Leader Are You?

Dear Sisters,



Fall is flying by and the holiday season is soon upon us. On Saturday I attended my local AB Women's Association meeting being hosted at my home church. It was nice to fellowship
and chat with friends and not have to lead a meeting. At the end of the meeting, I instinctively headed to the kitchen and started drying dishes and cleaning the kitchen. Something I am sure that is familar to all of us. As I was chatting with a friend who was washing dishes, someone came in and commented that the National President was drying dishes. I just smiled and laughed but the comment stuck with me throughout the day and made me think about what a leader is and what kind of a leader I want to be.


When I think of Christ, his life and leadership style modeled being a servant. He washed the disciples feet at the last Passover meal. This is the type of leader that I strive to be. It is natural for me to want to serve others and when you need a hand in the kitchen, then that's where you will find me. As Christian leaders, we serve wherever God calls us to serve - no matter what the task may be. Granted, some tasks are better than others but all are equally important. We lead by example and I hope that as I lead AB Women's Ministries I will be a good example for others, especially to my daughter and other AB GIRLS who are on the pathway to becoming leaders themselves.

As National President , I have many opportunities to grow and serve others using the gifts that God has given me. In addition, I will also experience many challenges along the way. When my term as President is completed, I will hopefully be a more skilled and confident leader but I also know that being a servant leader will always be at my core and at the end of the day, when I have finished drying dishes at church, I will still continue to be a Women, Destined for God's Purpose.

I pray that God will be with you as you lead this week and continue down your pathway of being a Women, Destined for God's Purpose.

Blessings,

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment