"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Sunday, November 29, 2009

Humbleness

Dear Sisters,

Sorry I have missed a few weeks of writing and sharing. Two weeks ago, I was in Valley Forge at the ABC General Board Meetings and then the Thanksgiving holiday was here. I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends that also provided a time of relaxation and restoration.

Over the holiday weekend, I was relaxing at home and watching TV. On Friday, I tuned into the CBS Morning Show and stopped to listen to Susan Boyle sing her signature song, "I Dreamed A Dream". Less than a year ago, Susan Boyle was a nobody, singing in her church choir, and today everyone knows her story of stardom. When being interviewed, Susan was asked, "How do you feel now that you have achieved your dream?" She quietly looked up and said,
"I feel humbled". It was the last thing that I expected her to say. This woman of faith was certainly was not a "nobody" in Christ's eyes and is living out Ephesians 4:2, "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

God has given Susan an incredible gift which she has used for his glory for many years in church and at the age of 48, God decided to use Susan in a new and big way and she is humbled by this.
She has been patient and waited upon the Lord and look how this quiet, unasuming faithful woman has reached a new destination for God's purpose. What an example she is for myself and others.

I am also truly amazed at the opportunities that God has given me and am humbled by the way he has utilized me for his ministry. It was no accident that God placed the issue of human trafficking in my heart and as I stepped out in faith, he has used me in ways I would have never dreamed. I am also humbled to be National President of AB Women's Ministries and I am grateful for all the challenges and blessings that come with it. As we humble ourselves before Christ, we will receive the dreams that he has planned for us which continue to mature us as Christian leaders who are, Women... Destined for God's Purpose.

Blessings to you and your ministry until we connect again,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment