"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In Step With the Spirit

Dear Sisters,

Tomorrow I am about to step out on a new adventure in Christ. I leave for Hawaii to attend the Baptist World Alliance Women's Leadership Conference, "In Step with the Spirit." Over 800 women from around the world will be in attendance. I can hardly wait to see what God has planned for me over the next several days as I make connections
with Baptist Women Leaders from near and far.

I am eager to learn and hear first hand issues facing women and girls and what I can do to make a difference in a woman's or girl's life. I look forward to new friendships, fellowship with women, and praying together to lift up women's ministries around the world. Representing American Baptist Women, I look forward to sharing how we have been involved in the issue of human trafficking, support an awesome ministry for girls and utilize the technology available to us today for ministry with women and girls.

I am ready to be "In Step With the Spirit" and be open to all that God has waiting for me in Hawaii and beyond. Please pray for me, my American Baptist Sisters attending with me and all the other Baptist Women from around the Globe as we travel to be, "In Step With the Spirit".

I hope to blog several times while I am in Hawaii to share what I am experiencing at the conference. Please visit my blog regulary over the next week to learn more about my Christian Sisters as we come together in step with the spirit to be Women, Destined for God's Purpose.

Blessings,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment