"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Monday, July 12, 2010

Being a Woman Destined for God's Purpose and Loving It!

Greetings Sisters,

As I write this post, I am with over 300 women and girls at the AB Women's Ministries Natonal Conference and AB Girls National Gathering. There is nothing better than being with a wonderful group of Christian women and girls studying the word, getting excited about mission, and just having fun and fellowship together.

I am so blessed to be the National President of this organization and to have a wonderful support system of so many great women. As I sit and chat with women from Washington State to Rhode Island, I am amazed of the stories that they share of their faith journey, what they have been called to do and their willingness to do more when they see a need.

I blessed the bus this morning as our girls left for a day mission experience to the Judson Retirement Village in Ohio. The excitement and eagerness of the girls as they were ready to leave and go out and serve. Praise God!

I have had several opportunities over the past week to share about the issues facing
women and girls who are oppressed around the world challenging women to think of how as individuals, groups and a national organization, we can reach out and bring encouragement, economic empowerment and education to women and girls. If you haven't read the book, "Half the Sky" by Nicholas Kristoff, I encourage you to do so to learn more about these issues and how you can join in the growing movement to make a difference - one woman at a time.

Thank you to all my sisters who have been so encouraging to me this week as I continue to serve as your President. As I said in my report, it is an honor and a privledge not only to serve you as President, but to be an American Baptist Woman Destined for God's Purpose.

Blessings,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment