"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Seeds of Friendship

Sorry it has taken me so long to return to the wonderful world of blogging. The mid-Fall crunch got the best of me and hopefully, I am back on track. My first AB Women’s Executive Board meeting was a wonderful experience. I could feel the presence of God with us throughout the weekend. I felt exhilarated, tired, energized, drained, and happy during the time we shared together. The best part - the relationships. It was wonderful being with my sisters in Christ who are so gifted and have so much to share. I feel that I have become so much closer with them and we have begun to build lifelong friendships. We had team building opportunities throughout our time together and at one point during the weekend, I was the bacon in a submarine sandwich and the next day I was Queen of Abolition – how awesome is that!

Relationships are a vital part of any ministry, organization, or whatever we do in life. Whether it is the people you are reaching or those you are serving with, you need to connect with one another and build relationships. Christ was relational in his ministry and shows us that we need to reach out to one another because of the love he has for us.

I passed on “Seeds of Friendship” to my AB Sisters at our board meeting and I left knowing that many seeds were planted that weekend and some were taken home to continue to plant and grow more relationships within AB Women’s Ministries. So, in closing I challenge you to continue planting seeds of friendship and we will continue to build, grow and harvest relationships with women and girls and together we will be Women/Girls…. Destined for God’s Purpose.

Your Sister in Christ,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment