"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Monday, September 14, 2009

The Start of the Journey

Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Friends,

On July 30th, I was installed as National President of AB Women's Ministries. I am so proud to represent a ministry that is dedicated to providing vision, training and resources to women and girls in American Baptist Churches across the country. I have been active in AB Women's ministries for 15 years, first serving on the AB Women's region board in Massachusetts and then becoming the President of Massachusetts in 2001. Through the years, I have been mentored by AB women and made so many friendships along the way.

As I embark on this new pathway as National President, I thought I would share my journey with all of you as I meet women from across the country and around the world. I hope to have great stories to share, information that I have learned along the way, and also a place to ask for your prayers as I become challenged and stretched striving to fullfill the purpose God has for me.

In addition, I also hope to use this blog to continue to bring awareness to the issue of human trafficking. This has become a ministry priority for AB Women across the country who have raised over $402,000 to fund grants for ministries that are working in the area of human trafficking.

So, let us begin together the start of the journey as we all strive to become
Women... Destined for God's Purpose.

Blessings until we connect again.

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, Thank you so much for starting this blog. You are incredibly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete