"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Love Can Build a Bridge

Dear Sisters,

Today is the anniversary of the tragic events of 9/11.  It's hard to believe 11 years have past.  Many of us continue to recall where we were and what we were doing on that day.  I was at work and it was my daughter's 2nd day of kindergarten.  I knew in my mind she was safe but I needed to just wrap my arms around her.  Today is important for us to remember not just the event, but those effected loved and lost.
But just as today is important, tomorrow and each day after continues to be just as important because what we do tomorrow to build bridges of love and understanding is critical so that we can all work together to stop events like 9/11 from every happening.  Is that possible?  I don't know but I do know that I have HOPE in Christ and I know through him all things are possible.  So as we remember today, I challenge you to think about what you will do tomorrow to help build that bridge.

                                                              Love Can Build a Bridge
                                                              Between Your Heart and Mine
                                                              Love Can Build a Bridge
                                                              Don't you think it's Time
                                                              Don't you think it's Time

                                                         (Lyrics from the song, "Love Can Build a Bridge" by The Judds)


                                                                            
Blessings and Peace,

Barbara
A Woman Destined for God's Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment