"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Thursday, March 11, 2010

International Women's Day

This past Monday was International Women's Day and I could not pass this opportunity to say that I am thankful for all the women in my life. Women who have been mentors, friends, pastors and family members. You are all so special.

I am particularly thankful to my AB Women's Ministries and AB GIRLS families. These two ministries lift up and empower women and girls. Each has challenged and stretched me to be a woman who is destined for God's purpose. To every Christian woman and girl, I want to challenge you on how can we make a difference in a girl or woman's life who is oppressed. How can we partner with Christian sisters in other countries to support educaton for young girls, give women economic empowerment or provide better health options for women.

Read Nicholas Kristof's column http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/08/three-proven-steps-to-advance-the-worlds-women-on-international-womens-day/ or read the book, Half te Sky. Think and pray about it.

We are creative and innovative women and if we work together, I believe we can be a part of a larger movement in assisting women out of oppression while modeling the love of Christ.

Step out with me and let us continue to empower women and girls.... destined for God's purpose.

Your Sister in Christ,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment