"When courageous women work together, it reflects the best we have to offer the world." Leymah Gbowee



Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jesus is the Reason for the Season

For the past two weeks, the chaos of Christmas had arrived in my home. In addition to our everyday schedules of work, school and Carrie's extracurricular activities, I have been working hard to meet deadlines for AB Women and preparing information to send out for our church's human trafficking events in early January. In addition, there has been cookie baking, holiday parties, presents to buy, Christmas cards to address and decorations to put up. We finally purchased a tree the other night and we decorated it yesterday. Where was the reason for season in all of these activities these past 2 weeks?

Christmas means different things to people. At 3:00 am this morning, the feeling of Christmas had finally arrived within me. I was sitting up in bed, listening to the wind and snow hit the windows. It was dark and quiet and I felt an inner peace inside of me. Although the weather was wild outside, I felt safe and secure in my bedroom. I imagine that is how Mary and Joseph felt the night Jesus was born. After traveling a great distance and Mary giving birth, they were safe and secure in the stable with baby Jesus knowing that God was watching over them. It is that inner peace that God gives me that is my Christmas present. The time I spent at 3:00 am this morning with God was special. I prayed and I listened. Wonderful memories of the past filled my head. The chaos of Christmas was finally gone and the true season has begun for me.
Jesus is truly the reason for the season.

As Christmas day draws near, I pray for each of you that you will find the true meaning of Christmas inside your heart and you will feel an inner peace amongst all the chaos around us in the world. As Women Destined for God's Purpose, let us take this time to reflect and be thankful for the gift of Jesus, born in a manger, Savior to the world.

Christmas blessings and Peace on Earth,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment